I… don’t really know how to start this, but last September I started a PhD program which I was really excited for, but I couldn’t deal with the stress, and it exacerbated some anxiety and depression issues to the point where I decided to take a medical leave because I just couldn’t function there. I had to move out of my university-owned apartment because I wasn’t enrolled, and my fellowship is on hold until (if) I decide to come back. Luckily, my dad’s house was close by for me to move back into, and the university is covering most of my insurance/therapy.
I’m opening charity commissions, but they’re not for me. I feel incredibly fortunate that I had a place to go and a way of covering my medical bills while I’m out of a job, basically; and with the stigma, lack of awareness, and rampant inaccessibility to proper medical care in the US, there’s too many people who can’t receive treatment for mental illness. I’m no good at stirring speeches or rallying causes or anything, I just want to help in some way while I’m not in school.
So I’m offering sketch commissions with 100% of what you pay being donated to Mental Health America. I was having a really tough time finding a project that seemed appropriate, so this one was recommended to me by a friend. They parent a lot of projects that raise awareness, educate, and provide accessible services across the country.
Here’s the basics:
- What: 1 nice, finished pencil sketch
- How much: $15 USD, paypal only
And here’s the specifics on what I can draw for you, how to contact me, etc..
- yes = Girls/women, boys/men, anthros, animals (not as practiced in animals but would like to gain some experience!), fullbodies, waistups, busts, chibis (like the red pencil one there)
- single subject only (unless you buy 2 slots)
- no = complicated robots/mechs??, anything beyond cheesecake/beefcake, gore, etc… just keep it somewhere between pg and pg13
- Depending on my mood I’ll use a red pencil for the groundwork and then go over it, but sometimes i just use straight pencil. Since these are charity commissions I’m just gonna go with whatever I think will turn out the best, but if the red pencil is absolutely offensive to you or something you can let me know XD
- I attached some sample pencil sketches, but you can also check the myart tag if you want to see more.
- If you’d like a slot you can message me here, note me on my deviantART, or send an email to kkaufman89 (at) gmail (dot) com and I’ll tell you how to pay.
- References a must, or at least a concise description
- Each slot is $15 USD and I’ll draw one character. You can buy multiple slots, and of course if you want to donate more than $15 for one slot that would be welcomed as well!! (you still get the same as everyone else though XD)
- Delivery: I will email you a high-resolution scan of your drawing. If you want it mailed, please ask only after I’ve given you the scan, that way I can charge you shipping separately from the donation stuff.
I really have no way to judge how many slots I can handle considering I’ve only ever done on-the-spot commissions at cons and a couple CG ones a long time ago for one client, so I’m gonna open 7 slots so that a little over $100 will be donated if each slot is filled. I’m going to leave the slots available for a couple of weeks, so if I finish commissions faster than they’re coming in or if I feel particularly on the ball, I’ll open up 3 more slots to make it an even $150.
I have to say I’m a bit nervous putting this out there ;; Thank you for your interest, reblogs, and hopefully donations.
Help Mental Health America, receive art… I see no downsides. Boosting the signal!
(via zambiunicorn)Source: life-take
- life-take reblogged this from life-take and added:
- timestar20 likes this
- puhshpuhsh likes this
- rasenth-reblogs reblogged this from life-take and added:
- tehmutt likes this
- the-kinky-cow likes this
- mayregnard likes this
- sprite37 likes this
- kawajen likes this
- happuhappu likes this
- jong-in-becca reblogged this from theterriblefriendzone
- theterriblefriendzone reblogged this from zambiunicorn
- viviku likes this
- lovewin likes this
- tsu-la likes this
- 976-jessie reblogged this from zambiunicorn
- 976-jessie likes this
- bestingheroes reblogged this from zambiunicorn
- mirasilver likes this
- hamstergal reblogged this from zambiunicorn and added:
- charleylhasa likes this
- fartner-fud reblogged this from life-take
- reverie-stars reblogged this from zambiunicorn
- 57hz likes this
- princessmarly likes this
- reverie-stars likes this
- zambiunicorn reblogged this from life-take
- aozuki reblogged this from life-take
- aozuki likes this
- mythril said: I want one! But I gotta decide what I want. * u *;;
- mythril reblogged this from life-take
- mythril likes this
- pearsilklisa likes this
- danirat reblogged this from life-take and added:
- daquee likes this
- ohfeeny reblogged this from life-take
- doe-eyed-dame reblogged this from sayonararolling
- doe-eyed-dame likes this
- eorii likes this
- notscaredjustchanging likes this
- bluebittercoffee likes this
- sayonararolling reblogged this from life-take
- life-take posted this